How to apply
As from academic year 2022/2023 MEFI will undergo a transformation and will be split into two Master Degrees:
- Master Programme in Finance, deriving from MEFI Finance curriculum
- Master Programme in Economics Development and Innovation (MEDI), conveying IEID and IOMR curricula (link to the website will follow)
MINIMAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION to MEFI
♦ Previous qualification
Students should hold a 3-year university diploma (Bachelor of Science degree
♦ Background of studies and related number of exams credits
Students should provide evidence that in their 3-year diploma they have acquired the following number of ECTS (in case of students outside the European Union, the equivalent number of hours of study) in these areas:
- Economics: 24 ECTS i.e. exams such as Macro and Micro Economics; Political Economy; Econometrics; Economic History (SSD of exams for Italian students SECS-P/01, SECS-P/02, SECS-P/03, SECS-P/05, SECS-P/06)
- Quantitative Methods: 15 ECTS, i.e. exams in Mathematics and Statistics (SSD of exams for Italian students SECS-S/01, SECS-S/02, SECS-S/03, SECS-S/05, SECS-S/06, MAT/06)
- Business Administration: 6 ECTS i.e. exams such as Accounting; Management; Finance (SSD of exams for Italian students SECS-P/07, SECS-P/08, SECS-P/09, SECS-P/10, SECS-P/11)
- Law: 6 ECTS, i.e. exams such as Business Law, Constitutional Law (SSD of exams for Italian students: IUS/01, IUS/02, IUS/04, IUS/05, IUS/07, IUS/08, IUS/09, IUS/10, IUS/12)
- English language – 6 ECTS (see note below)
- Computer science – 3 ECTS
PLEASE NOTE: A margin of flexibility is admitted, with respect to the fulfilment of the above minimum curricular requirements, up to a maximum of 10%, or 6 ECTS. This margin may be applied indifferently to only one of the areas listed above or to more groups, except for the point referring to the English language requirement,which must be always fulfilled.
♦ Previous qualification final score or weighted average in the exams
- Students with a 3-year university diploma or another undergraduate degree obtained in Italy should have a final graduation score higher than or equal to 95/110; if not graduated yet, they should have at least 150 credits of exams registered in careeer and a weighted average equal or superior to 25/30 (see “Italian degree students” section)
- Students with any other foreign qualification considered equivalent to the above-specified Italian degree will have their final graduation mark or GPA, or marks average converted in Italian grading terms in order to check the above requirement
- Students with an Italian title satisfying ALL the above requirements (study background, credits in the required areas and weighted average/final graduation mark) can access the course without any pre-evaluation and/or admission test, i.e. they can enroll directly in the course. See info here
- Students with an Italian title satisfying some of the above requirements (study background, credits in the required areas but with a final Bachelor mark lower than 95/110 or a weighted average lower than 25/30 must pass an admission test (details in “Bachelor degree ” section below ).
- Students with an Italian title not satisfying all the requiements above in terms of study background/credits in the required areas must submit a pre-evaluation request (details in “Bachelor degree ” section below ).
♦ Language Requirement
Italian is not necessary for the course, as lectures and all related activities are in English. However, it would be advantageous to have some knowledge of Italian for your daily life in Italy.
6 ECTS in the English Language are required. Otherwise, it is enough to provide an international certification attesting a knowledge equal or higher than the B2 level of the Common European Framework (First Certificate in English). For example, a TOEFL certificate with an iBT total score of B2 level (87-109) or higher is considered equal to the level B2 of the Common European Framework. Otherwise, having studied a Bachelor degree entirely in English also satisfies the requirement related to the English language.
In order to apply, there are TWO DIFFERENT PROCEDURES for students holding an Italian Bachelor degree and for students holding a foreign Bachelor degree.
Please see and click on the pages below.